Saturday, January 7, 2012

a mod/retro kinda mood

reto/mod kinda mood

Good morning and I hope you all have a great weekend! Yes it's that time for the first Challenge of the new year at Color Me Creative Classroom! and to get the whole Design Team moving into our creative mode Suzanne has the theme as: Retro/Mod with the colors Hot Pink,Pinks, Black white and cream! Our wonderful Spnsor Guylou's Inimitability has given us a few cute images to play along with:-) Thank you so much! The lucky winner of this challenge will win a fabulous prize from GuyLou's:-) Suzanne will be out and about the next few months on the road teaching and If you would love to take a class and meet her go HERE to check her schedule We also have a brand new group Suzanne is starting this week and Its SmashBooks called "We R Smash bookin' scrappin' and journalin' and I think it's going to be a blast! the group is free to join and there will be challenges to keep us going:-) go have a look I am so excited can you tell?? and yes I have all my smash book goodies just waiting for the kick off !
O.K. now on to the details:I picked "Eve" to use as my image with her Hot pink shirt and I added paper pieced flare pants with a peek of hot pink in them too:-)
Here's a closeup of what I did, I was first kind of stumped on exactly what colors I wanted to do her pants and then decided to add a tiny bit of paper piecing to the bell bottoms:-) I even made those cute little white rolled flowers in the closeup adding a tiny pearl to each center! Let's just say I need a bit more work on rolling them! The rest of the flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
Here you go the whole card, I used the stampin up border punch that is my favorite, hehe and the papers are MME Quite Contrary for the Pink scrap and the black & white dots is just a random piece from the craft store, I think that's about it and hope you go over and join all of us for some fun coloring:-) Other Challenges I would like to enter this in are: If the shoe fits, scrap it: use up old stash

1 comment:

  1. I had lovely comments and stupid me had hit the wrong button last night when preparing another post and I deleted this post and had to start all over:-(
    so I think I fixed everything except I lost my comments. Oh well on to another day :-)

    ReplyDelete